Tourism Sector Lead
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium seeks a Tourism Sector Lead for the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)-funded Increasing Market Employability (IME) Phase 2, a five-year program in Macedonia. The project follows a facilitative market systems approach to support private sector development and growth in competitive economic sectors in Macedonia. The overall goal of the project is that more working-age women and men, in particular youth, are engaged in sustainable, decent employment or self-employment. The program will achieve this goal through three inter-related outcomes to strengthen local market systems: (1) companies in the selected sectors grow by improving their products and services and expanding their markets; (2) improved services (support functions, financial services) and improved policy and regulatory framework are conducive to companies' growth in the selected sectors; and (3) the private sector is incentivized to engage more youth and women and equipped with tools for identifying, attracting, and retaining them.
- Provide technical and managerial support to build interventions that support the development of the tourism sector to improve their products and services, and expand their markets, with the end goal of creating new jobs for youth and women in particular.
- Facilitate engagement tourism sector stakeholders through collaborative alliances to address business enabling environment and other sector constraints and strategies.
- Identify leading tourism companies to promote business expansion through the delivery of targeted technical assistance and capacity building.
- Works with IME Management to develop work plans, results chains, projections, monitoring plans and promptly report on challenges and results.
- Ensures effective use of resources, on-time delivery of project activity reports and partner deliverables, and overall compliance with SDC regulations and Palladium policies and procedures.
- Relevant higher education and professional training in economics, international development, statistics, monitoring and evaluation or other relevant degree.
- At least 4 years of previous relevant managerial experience managing and/or implementing tourism related programs.
- Strong understanding of the structure of Macedonia's economy and its supporting systems, including private sector development in Macedonia.
- Experience in the inclusion of groups at risk of social exclusion in the private sector, in particular youth and women.
- Strong reporting skills and project management skills.
- Excellent communication, team work and networking skills.
- Fluency in Macedonian and excellent language capacities in English required. Fluency in Albanian also desirable.
- Only Macedonian nationals or individuals with authorization to work in Macedonia will be considered.