System Developer, Education Pathways to Peace
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Education Pathways to Peace in Mindanao (Pathways) is a $90 million Government of Australia investment to improve the delivery and quality of education in conflict-affected areas of Mindanao. The nine-year program (six years with possible three-year extension) seeks to address the challenges associated with ensuring effective implementation and sustainability in a conflict-affected area.
Pathways intends to contribute to peace-building by addressing inequity and disparity in participation and performance in basic education. This will be accomplished through facilitating and strengthening effective engagement and collaboration processes and the institutional systems of key stakeholders to support the delivery of quality basic education. The Program will focus on supporting improvements in the participation and performance of learners at the early grade levels (Kindergarten to Grade 3), in teacher education and development, and in the development of context-appropriate curriculum.
ResponsibilitiesPurpose of the Position
: The System Developer is locally-engaged personnel who will provide the Pathways Program with technical support in developing an information and data management system for the incoming Ministry of Education of the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (MOE-BARMM) and building the capacity of stakeholders in information system management. The system will store education data and provide MOE, schools, and other education stakeholders with relevant information that will aid them in planning, decision-making, and policy work.Duration
: 4 months short-term
Reporting to the Program Lead, the System Developer
- Provide the Pathways Data Management Specialist and M&E team technical support in developing an information and data management system for the MOE;
- Support in developing the documentation and manual of the information system, which will be packaged into a communication material for the MOE and schools;
- Install the information system at the regional office of MOE and build the capacity of MOE personnel in managing the system. Moving forward, the system developer will also help roll out the system to schools;
- Support in the quality assurance of the information system during the piloting and roll out stages; and
- Provide the MOE and relevant Technical Working Groups (TWGs) with technical support in developing an information system strategy; and
- Perform other relevant tasks as may be required by the Program Lead and Team Leader.
Qualifications and Experience: The System Developer (Programmer) should possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in any computer and information technology-related courses and relevant training;
- Previous in system development and programming both in web-based and client/server environment;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Offices such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
- Excellent communication skills; and
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and organisations from diverse cultural/national backgrounds.
- Willing to be based in Cotabato City and to travel to Manila and other areas in Mindanao.