Senior Technical Advisor, Market Research, Monitoring and Evaluation - CCP
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleCompany Profile
Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
Palladium, building on the work of its previously known entity, Futures Group, has been present in Malawi for decades through several projects. Our current projects are the Health Policy Plus Project and the Feed the Future Malawi Ag Diversification Activity.Purpose of Position
The Senior Technical Advisor, Market Research, Monitoring and Evaluation is a full-time position for an upcoming award in Malawi funded by USAID entitled PREVENTION TBD - Comprehensive Condom Programming (CCP). This position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.Reports to:
Chief of PartyDuration:
The Senior Technical Advisor, Market Research, Monitoring and Evaluation will lead the CCP component market research, monitoring and evaluation efforts. Background
The PREVENTION TBD activity is a five-year USAID funded program with the goal of prevention new Human Immuno-Deficiency Virus (HIV) infections in target populations in PEPFAR priority districts in Malawi. Through the PREVENTION TBD, USAID plans to award up to four cooperative agreements to implement three related HIV prevention components: (1) Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision (VMMC); (2) DREAMS AGYW Services and HIV Case-Finding; and, (3) Comprehensive Condom Programming (CCP). The Comprehensive Condom Programming (CCP) project will focus on supporting the GoM to implement the national condom strategy, strengthening social marketing, improving public sector supply systems to increase access to condoms and lubricants, and increasing demand for condoms, especially among key populations.
- Develop monitoring, evaluation, and reporting (MER) systems that include appropriate indicators, baseline data, targets and a plan to evaluate performance and produce timely, accurate and complete reporting;
- Design and execute market research to obtain consumer insights on remaining barriers and facilitating factors to condom use;
- Provide leadership and direction on M&E activities to ensure the project achieves its goals, objectives, and targets;
- Lead results reporting to USAID by providing written documentation on M&E activities and indicator results;
- Oversee and conduct evaluations and operations research;
- Train and coach staff on MER systems and reporting requirements;
- Ensure quality of data through routine data quality audits throughout the life of the project;
- Use data to contribute to the strategic direction and planning of the project with leadership.
- Master's degree or higher in public health, social sciences, or other relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 7 years working on monitoring and evaluation in the public health and HIV fields.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing rigorous quantitative and qualitative data collection systems and knowledge of methods for data analysis.
- Familiarity with private sector data analytics and consumer research applicable to assessment of social marketing programs.
- Knowledge of M&E issues and indicator development for HIV prevention and service delivery strengthening related to HIV/AIDS.
- Familiarity with PEPFAR indicators and reporting requirements.
- Hands-on practical experience setting up and managing MER systems for health programs in developing countries, and the ability to coach and train others in their use.
- Experience in knowledge management and dissemination of research findings.
- Excellent report writing, analytical, and oral presentation skills.
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter
stating the following:
- Your interest and experience that make you suitable for this position.
- Notice period from current employer
- Possible start date
- Current salary