Senior Public Health Professional - GCC
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Purpose of Position
To support the growth and expansion of Palladium's health portfolio in GCC, Palladium is hiring senior professionals in Public Health. The senior professionals will join the Palladium's Health practice in the Middle East with the goal of growing and consolidating a portfolio of work in strengthening developing country national health programming and building in-country capacity.
The position provides senior level content knowledge in the health sector, technical assistance, consultation and support for the development and execution of project/program specific strategies. You must be a refined management consultant who can implement projects and must demonstrate all the competencies needed to be an excellent project manager. You must exercise judgement within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. You will determine methods and procedures on new assignments. You will represent the project and the company to the host government, to GCC governments and other client, private sector organizations and cooperating agencies.
The primary responsibilities are:
- Provide senior leadership, management oversight, and coordination within Palladium's GCC health portfolio
- Lead inputs into business development efforts in health related opportunities in the region
- Provide subject matter expertise/technical assistance to the program, technical staff and administrators as per global project and country program requirements.
- Provide analytical and evaluative techniques to identify, consider, and resolve issues or problems in the health sector.
- Use various quantitative and qualitative techniques to perform contract or cooperative agreement tasks.
- Lead and/or review and monitor programmatic functions, i.e. development of work plans and budgets.
- Ensure quality of services and compliance per project/program requirements.
- Provide functional guidance to outside vendors to ensure deliverables are met within timelines and budgets as needed.
- Participate in and/or prepare necessary program-related reports, including presentations and white papers.
- Organize and support project/program trainings, conferences, workshops, and meetings.
- Participate and represent the organization, in outside associations, conferences, and symposia.
- Lead and assist in research, data collection, policy formulation, training and capacity building efforts in support of contract/agreement activities and deliverables.
- Provide guidance to direct reports and other staff
- The role reports to the EMEA Managing Partner and has a matrixed line to the Global Head of Health.
- The role will form part of the Consulting division
- The role will work with all parts of the company and will actively support and collaborate with the business units, other practice areas and corporate services
- The role will represent the project and the company to the host government, to GCC governments and other clients, private sector organizations and cooperating agencies.
- A high degree of autonomy with appropriate consultation where applicable
- The role will be required to manage, analyse and make sound recommendations to the line manager
Minimum education and experience required
- 10+ years of experience in public health program management, health governance, health economics, policy formulation, or other field related to international health programs are required or an equivalent combination of applicable experience and education.
- Relevant and substantial experience in private hospital management.
- Proficiency in written and spoken technical English and Arabic required.
- Experience working with public and private sector health organisations/players in the GCC regions is required.
Key competencies and professional expertise required
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills.
- Formal Project Management training and expertise.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional and diplomatic demeanour and conduct, especially during interactions with the client and its constituents.
- Ability to take initiative and/or respond independently to situations.
- Applies lateral and critical thinking techniques
- Applies systematic research techniques
- Understands and articulates complex concepts
- Draws cause and effect relationships and solution to complex situations
- Seeks and utilises complex information from wide range of sources
People and Relationships:
- Leads initiatives to enhance diversity and inclusion
- Develops wide range of influencing and negotiation strategies
- Develops ways to encourage recognition and rewarding
- Coaches and creates development opportunities
- Develops ways to strengthen collaboration across relationship networks
- Leads and influences strategic direction
- Anticipates impact of external conditions
- Anticipates needs and opportunities
- Influences resources planning
- Translates and articulates organisation value drivers
- Champions change vision
- Leads complex change approach
- Anticipates resistance
- Initiates need for new ways of working
- Develops ways to optimise opportunities and potential outcomes from setbacks
Self Development and Accountability
- Seeks and applies development opportunities across functions and industries
- Develops opportunities to action feedback
- Defines and articulates the quality standards
- Seeks ways to support across the organisation
- Facilitates and encourages knowledge sharing