Senior Proposal Writer - Global Health
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Senior Writer is a key position within the Health Practice Business Development Team, responsible for the sourcing, bidding and winning high value awards in the area of Global Health. He/she will work directly with the Palladium Health Practice to develop successful multi-million dollar international public health proposals for USAID and other donors. The Senior Writer works closely with technical and proposal team members to develop proposals that are responsive to the needs of the client.
- Support development of winning bids on contracts and cooperative agreements approved for pursuit by the Regional Business Partners;
- Lead proactive writing planning process, including facilitation of storyboarding sessions when appropriate, and set expectations on writing practices among the involved team;
- Thoroughly analyze solicitation technical and format requirements; create and/or support development of Guiding Outline (and any necessary updates);
- Manage technical proposal draft writing and review cycles, and incorporate feedback;
- Actively catalyze and support development of pre-proposal stage pieces;
- Maintain standard proposal style format template, compliant to solicitation requirements for bids as needed and appropriately branded/proprietarily marked throughout;
- Support ongoing learning to increase the quality, responsiveness, and competitiveness of proposals through continual review of those submitted for quality and efficiency improvements;
- Support and produce high quality deliverables;
- Write, edit, and format proposal sections, complete drafts, and final product for prime bids;
- Edit proposal pieces as needed;
- As time permits, provide editing, writing, and formatting support to Palladium marketing materials and projects;
- Manage workflow and outsourcing of editorial and graphic design needs;
- Coordinate with internal and external resources for graphic design needs;
- Help to make and support internal relationships across the company supportive of productive collaboration leading to stronger bid efforts; and
- Contribute to tools, processes, and approaches to enhance the bid process.
RequirementsMinimum education and experience required
Key competencies and professional expertise required
- Relevant Bachelor's degree / Master's degree;
- A minimum of 7 years international development work experience, ideally including familiarity with USAID, and/or other international donors;
- Familiarity with language and issues in Global Health field;
- Strong technical writing and editing skills, and the ability to conceptualize and write/edit a bid proposal, marketing material, or project report; and
- Proven writing and editing acumen.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Understanding of international development technical subject matter and procurement processes;
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines, with multiple/simultaneous bid efforts, and across time-zone challenges;
- Sound problem-solving and decision-making skills; and
- Well-organized with high attention to detail.