Monitoring and Results Measurement (MRM) Lead
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium seeks a Monitoring and Results Measurement Lead for the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)-funded Increasing Market Employability (IME) Phase 2, a five-year program in Macedonia. The project follows a facilitative market systems approach to support private sector development and growth in competitive economic sectors in Macedonia. The overall goal of the project is that more working-age women and men, in particular youth, are engaged in sustainable, decent employment or self-employment. The program will achieve this goal through three inter-related outcomes to strengthen local market systems: (1) companies in the selected sectors grow by improving their products and services and expanding their markets; (2) improved services (support functions, financial services) and improved policy and regulatory framework are conducive to companies' growth in the selected sectors; and (3) the private sector is incentivized to engage more youth and women and equipped with tools for identifying, attracting, and retaining them.
- In close collaboration with the Team Leader and the core management team, establish and support implementation and adaptation of project-wide MRM systems;
- Ensure overall quality and cost effectiveness, and establishes and maintains robust and adaptive monitoring and results measurement (MRM) systems.
- Coordinate MRM activities and information across IME project partners and stakeholders.
- Build capacity of project technical staff and partners in monitoring results and in capturing learning, working with them to develop and update detailed results chains for their respective interventions
- Lead regular project reviews and reporting of results, particularly quarterly, semi-annual and annual reviews.
- Support technical staff in the development and review of concept notes, scopes of work, partner intervention project plans, results chains and results measurement framework.
- Ensure effective use of resources, on-time delivery of project activity reports and partner deliverables, and overall compliance with SDC regulations and Palladium policies and procedures.
- Relevant higher education and professional training in economics, international development, statistics, monitoring and evaluation or other relevant degree.
- Experience in developing and implementing monitoring and results measurement plans for Result-Based Management in accordance with international good practice, experience implementing the DCED standard highly desirable.
- At least 4 years of previous relevant experience managing MRM systems for large private sector development and/or market systems programs.
- Experience in research and data collection, including survey design and qualitative and quantitative techniques, particularly in relation to private sector development and job creation.
- Strong understanding of the Market systems/M4P approach to private sector development, understanding of Macedonian context highly desirable.
- Good understanding of the structure of Macedonia's economy and its supporting systems, including private sector development in Macedonia.
- Excellent communication, team work and reporting skills.
- Fluency in Macedonian and excellent language capacities in English required. Fluency in Albanian also desirable.
- Only Macedonian nationals or individuals with authorization to work in Macedonia will be considered.