Monitoring and Evaluation Lead
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
We are searching for a Monitoring and Evaluation Lead to play a senior role in the monitoring and evaluation of our international development projects in the EMEA region, leading on business development, and providing senior project management and technical expertise.
This role is well suited to a strong technical expert with an aptitude for management and leadership who is enthusiastic about delivering impact and increasing their profile in the sector.
The primary responsibilities of the monitoring and evaluation lead are to:
- Provide overall technical leadership in the design and delivery of high quality monitoring, and evaluation services on all Palladium projects. This will include:
- Building our knowledge base learning from project delivery and coordinating across all our clients to ensure we deliver the best possible solutions and methodologies in our bids and our projects;
- Providing technical leadership and quality assurance for the implementation of our monitoring and evaluation projects, including acting as Project Director and/or Team Leader on individual projects as and when required;
- Providing technical leadership and quality assurance oversight for the implementation of the monitoring and evaluation systems that are implemented on Palladium's projects, including acting as Results Lead on individual projects as and when required;
- Working within other areas of the business to provide more integrated services and solutions; and
- Lead the acquisition of new business relating to monitoring and evaluation. This will include:
- Representing Palladium to establish and maintain and advance the company's reputation;
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities in the sector to secure commercially viable contracts;
- Conducting research and analysis on client requirements;
- Managing and coordinating of bids including designing the monitoring and evaluation solutions for bids developed by other areas of the business; and
- Monitoring and anticipating/identifying bid performance issues and addressing them
- Development of Palladium capacity in this sector. This will include:
- Working with colleagues across the company, Team Leaders and consultants to develop Palladium's cadre of monitoring and evaluation lessons and to support effective service delivery across Palladium's portfolio of work; and
- Mentoring and coaching junior members of staff in monitoring and evaluation through structured learning, mentoring and advisory support;
- Extensive experience in the area of monitoring and evaluation, with a significant portion of that showing a track record at senior level leading teams and business growth
- Demonstrable expertise in the design, delivery and marketing of monitoring and evaluation services
- Substantial experience in marketing services and developing business plans
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal relationship building and negotiation skills
- Strong management and capacity development skills
- Experience in designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation projects
- Proven experience in tendering and bid development for large scale projects
- Ability to develop high level strategic relationships
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail and quality
- Strong management skills with ability to mentor, coach, lead, develop and evaluate staff