Manager, Economic Growth
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium is recruiting in our Economic Growth cluster which focuses on private sector solutions to development challenges. We work with firms, governments, workers, and donors to find ways to create new value, leveraging these partnerships and market solutions to bring about sustainable change that improve the livelihoods of the world's most vulnerable populations.
We are looking for talented individuals, with a track record in consulting and management, and interest or experience in the private sector. Most of all we are looking for people with the drive to tackle new and complex challenges to learn, adapt and create, to deliver incredible, transformational change.
These experts will ideally have technical expertise in one or more of the areas of:
- Trade and Investment
- Commercial Agriculture
- Market Systems Development
Our Managers support Palladium projects through providing business development leadership, technical project management inputs and technical expertise.Technical input
- Provide technical input into the design, planning and delivery of projects;
- Provide short term inputs and/or consultancy assignments;
- Provide support to monitor and quality assure Palladium's services;
- Contribute to research, analysis and publication of technical studies, case studies, policy and programme approaches and results;
- Identify, build and maintain relationships with consultants and partners who can provide technical expertise;
- Support the team in building Palladium's technical capacity in the field
- Support the strategic approach to business development through coordination of research on issues, countries, clients, partners and competitors and market intelligence gathering;
- Manage the development of new and maintenance of existing client relationships through interactions with clients at a technical level during the business development cycle;
- Manage the identification, assessment and pursuit of new business opportunities, contributing to the analysis of our prospects for winning opportunities;
- For assigned portfolio projects, interface with clients and other project stakeholders to plan, implement, review and report on projects as needed and requested;
- Provide support to project work planning, budgeting, progress and financial reporting;
- Provide technical support to projects at all stages;
- Manage partner organisations on the contractually compliant delivery of agreed inputs and achievement of agreed outputs and outcomes;
- Keep abreast of political, social, economic and security developments in project countries and regions;
What we offer
- Academic qualifications in a in a relevant field are valued, but these can be compensated by relevant experience.
- Significant donor project management and business development experience, which includes supporting one or more complex large-scale projects including experience in start-up and closeout.
- Some experience of working in a developing country or in a project based environment.
- Experience contributing to or managing successful major bids and strategic orientation towards potential markets for growth within the impact and development space
- An understanding of, and strategic orientation towards, potential markets within the impact and development space
- Strong technical writing skills, and the ability to write quality inputs for consultancy projects and business development.
- Sound client management skills, with a track record or building and maintaining a strong image and reputations with key clients.
- Exceptional people management skills, and the ability to foster professional relationships and support staff development in a leadership role.
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports.
- Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of eight weeks per year in developing countries and elsewhere.
As well as a competitive salary, bonus and benefits, we offer the opportunity to work on some of the most ambitious projects to unlock opportunities for economic development, and as one of DFID's largest service providers, the opportunity to influence DFID strategy and policy, and challenge and shape the direction of this sector.
We are an outgoing, creative and supportive team that value providing a personally and professionally rewarding environment above all. We offer flexible working arrangements, in a professional environment that values results and respects people's different working styles, personal commitments and individual aspirations. If you are passionate about international development, why not apply to explore what we can do for you and your career.