Logistics Coordinator - Humanitarian Logistics Capability Program - Sydney
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Logistics Coordinator is a critical role in the Humanitarian Logistics Capability program and is expected to, support the management and implementation of effective and efficient operational, financial and compliance activities to deliver the program in accordance with contractual obligations, company policies, Group Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Guidelines and client rules and regulations.
The role is expected to contribute to the procurement, warehousing and logistics support required.
The primary responsibilities of the Logistics Coordinator are to:
- Coordinate and implement a range of procurement related projects for the processing of service provider work orders and invoices.
- Prepare and maintain project documentation and source and collate information for reporting, monitoring and evaluation purposes to contribute to achievement of the project outcomes.
- Oversee the day to day running of the Sydney based storage facility including transportation, stock control, stock takes, warehousing, freight forwarding, monitoring of the flow of goods ensure well documented, efficient and appropriate logistics and warehousing operations,
- Plan and co-ordinate the incoming and outbound goods, storage, and dispatch (consolidations and packaging) of items in a timely and efficient manner to achieve team objectives/client requirements.
- Assist with project financial / cash flow planning by monitoring expenditure against budgets and forecasts, operating expenses and procurement
- Be responsible for developing and implementing SOPs for the Sydney warehouse related to; stock and cargo management, and workplace health and safety.
- Comply with all industry legislation, regulations and codes across import and export operations to and from Australia and other regions of the world.
- Create meaningful relationships with partners, subcontractors and service providers.
- The role liaises with clients, technical area specialists, corporate services, professional service providers, and other stakeholders as required
Minimum Education and Experience preferred:
- A relevant Bachelor's degree, TAFE or similar tertiary education
- relevant work experience in the field of supply chain management or logistics
- Ability to undertake industry training were required, including but not limited to;
- RACA - Transport Security Program (TSP)
- Dangerous Goods (all modes)
- Work Place Health and Safety
- First Aid
- Previous experience in Inventory Management Systems (CARGOWISE advantageous).