Grants Manager - Clean Growth Transmissions
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium is seeking a Grants Manager for a BEIS-funded Clean Growth Transitions Programme, which will support China, Colombia, Mexico and four more BEIS-target countries to accelerate their clean growth transitions. If approved, it is anticipated that the programme will mobilise between April and June of 2019, and operate for a minimum of 3 years.
The programme aims to improve the effectiveness of key institutions (public, private and civil society) in countries so that they can deliver accelerated emission reductions and raise the ambition of their Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) targets. Specifically, the programme will deliver the following results:
- An increase in the capacity and capability of partner institutions (national, sub-national and civil society) to deliver enhanced and accelerated climate actions; and
- An increase in in-country buy-in to urgently facilitate low-carbon development (the political economy is improved)
To deliver these results, the programme is composed of three lots: (1) central delivery partner; (2) global challenge fund; and (3) skill-shares and secondments. Palladium will propose a Grants Manager for Lot 2.
- Ensure that all grant management aspects are compliant across the programme
- Quality assurance checks of budget, due diligence, grants agreements and reporting
- Ad-hoc troubleshooting assistance to target countries
- Interface for internal and external project audits
- Ensure country teams have the necessary training and tools to ensure project-level compliance
- Assist with the monitoring of grants at contractual and programmatic levels.
- Travel within the target regions and globally to support/mentor and/or to carry out the implementation of grant activities with strategic partners.
- Bachelor's degree in management, finance, accounting or other relevant field;
- 3+ years of previous experience in grants management;
- Experience in facilitating grants across a range of stakeholders and in supporting grantees to ensure compliance with grant processes;
- Ability to operate complex situations and willingness to travel to target countries; and
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in environmental programmes and/or low carbon development
- Experience of grant management in development contexts
- Experience co-ordinating multi-stakeholder and international teams