Evidence to Policy Expert Consultant/Team Leader (Extended Closing Date)
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium manages the USAID-funded Health Technical Assistance Project (BANTU), which supports USAID Indonesia by rapidly leveraging specialized short and long-term technical assistance to support USAID and the Government of Indonesia's health programs and national health priorities.
In 2017 USAID/Indonesia supported the Indonesian Academy of Sciences (AIPI) to conduct Evidence Summit on Maternal and Newborn Health. Key output of the Evidence Summit included recommendations for each Topic Area, intended to strengthen multi-party action on maternal and neonatal mortality reduction. The recommendations highlighted:
- Areas where evidence is sufficient to support decisions to sustain and scale intervention approaches, or revise policies and/or program guidelines;
- Promising approaches and innovations that address priority issues to reduce mortality, but where evidence is insufficient and evidence creation is a priority; and
- Priority evidence gaps, where creation of new evidence and knowledge can provide essential information to inform policies and programs and accelerate progress to reduce maternal and newborn mortality in Indonesia.
We are anticipating the need for a short-term consultancy position for an expert in public health policy research with experience in evidence policy development. S/he will give recommendations on appropriate methodologies for synthesizing evidence to policy in the Indonesian context, and to determine the critical steps needed to support evidence to policy action.
This is a 2 (two) month position and will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Key experience and competencies:
- Advanced degree (PhD preferred) in international public health, and/or public policy, with an emphasis on maternal and child health, from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant of experience in public health policy research and development, with an emphasis on maternal and new-born care.
- Substantive experience with evidence review, synthesis and analysis as it relates to informing policy and program recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with senior Ministry officials, and work effectively as a team member and team builder in a challenging and demanding environment
- Excellent oral and written communication in English required. Ability to work independently and take initiative in a cross-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated experience in concepts and practice of evidence-to-policy, including evidence synthesis procedures, development of evidence-to-policy materials, translation of scientific evidence for diverse audiences.
- Ability to work well under pressure, excellent time management and organizational skills to meet tight deadlines.
- A record of publication for a variety of audiences.
- Work experience in Indonesia or South-East Asia preferred.
A competitive package would be offered based on salary history and work experience. HOW TO APPLY
: To respond to this position, please send your resume (no longer than 6 pages) and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
, with the title of the position in the subject line of your email. Closing date: February 17, 2019 COB Jakarta TimeOnly shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Palladium provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.