Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
To contract, deploy and recover Deployable Civilian Experts on behalf of the SU, in support of the UK Government's efforts to tackle instability overseas.
The Humanitarian and Stabilisation Operations Team provides the Department for International Development with humanitarian services and the UK Government's Stabilisation Unit with stabilisation support.
The Humanitarian and Stabilisation Operations Team provides the Department for International Development with humanitarian services and the UK Government's Stabilisation Unit with stabilisation support. HSOT works with DFID to lead the UK Government's response to humanitarian disasters in co-operation with the United Nations, the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, non-governmental organisations and governments of disaster-affected countries.
- Manage the deployment, management and demobilisation of staff and contractors to UK and overseas.
- Liaison with SU and with field offices.
- Drafting project budgets and providing forecasting information.
- Budget monitoring.
- Reporting to the client.
- Liaison with security advisors, logistics, HR and Finance as required.
- Liaison with multiple clients, directly and indirectly, to agree the arrangements for each deployment.
- Provide support to the deployed stuff and contractors according to prioritised needs.
- Arranging travel plans for deployed staff and contractors (e.g. flights, visas, hotels)
- Welfare of contracted staff.
- Payment of expenses and invoices for deployed staff.
- Be prepared to provide substantial support to the processing of invoice and expenses, and the collation of data, when required.
- Arrange the briefing and debriefing of staff and contractors.
- Liaise across relevant Palladium and SU departments as required including through attendance at meetings and events.
- Assist with routine administrative reporting as required.
Assist in the promotion and encouragement of consistency, integrity and transparency across the team.
A Levels of relevant qualification.
- Excellent organisation skills in terms of administration, planning, managing information, controlling timelines and meeting deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience of building excellent working relationships, both internal and external.
- Proven ability to communicate complex procedures and situations to varied stakeholders/clients.
- Proven ability to deal with a varied, demanding, often conflicting and changing workload.
- Experience in expense management.
- Experience with staff working or deploying overseas.
- Experience of managing induction and deployment processes.
- The ability to pursue, adapt, and lead change, and demonstrate flexibility in response to changing business environments.
- The ability to see the bigger picture and affect business drivers through decisions and actions, and the ability to contribute to the long-term profitability and growth of the organisation.
- Developing and using collaborative relationships.
- Ownership of learning and striving to develop own knowledge and capabilities to support the organisation's success.
- The ability to see how an individual fit into Palladium, impact of individual actions on bottom line and effectively manage resources.