Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium seeks a Communications Manager for the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)-funded Increasing Market Employability (IME) Phase 2, a five-year program in Macedonia. The project follows a facilitative market systems approach to support private sector development and growth in competitive economic sectors in Macedonia. The overall goal of the project is that more working-age women and men, in particular youth, are engaged in sustainable, decent employment or self-employment. The program will achieve this goal through three inter-related outcomes to strengthen local market systems: (1) companies in the selected sectors grow by improving their products and services and expanding their markets; (2) improved services (support functions, financial services) and improved policy and regulatory framework are conducive to companies' growth in the selected sectors; and (3) the private sector is incentivized to engage more youth and women and equipped with tools for identifying, attracting, and retaining them.
- Administer all communications and outreach activities.
- Advise on communication and outreach initiatives, produce reports as required by the program and SDC.
- Develop and maintain content of website, social media, and/or any other public platform used by the program.
- Write and oversee the design of publicity materials (i.e. brochures, press releases, talking points, mass emails, and PowerPoint presentations), and direct media relations.
- Develop awareness campaigns around Programme activities as necessary, particularly outreach to women and youth.
- Five years of experience in communications, PR and/or outreach
- Familiarity with international cooperation and donor projects
- Network in Macedonian media
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- University degree in a relevant subject (Communications, etc.)
- Fluency in English and Macedonian, Albanian preferred
- Only Macedonian nationals or individuals with authorization to work in Macedonia will be considered