Assistant Financial Accountant â€“ KSA
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The primary purpose of this role is to support the financial accounting operations of the entity by ensuring that all activities and reported financial results comply with generally accepted accounting principles, international financial reporting standards and KSA legislation. The role will also be responsible for imprest account bank reconciliations.
The role reports to the Financial Controller, KSA. The primary responsibilities of the Assistant Financial Accountant - KSA,
Perform General Ledger accounting tasks and ensure a timely month end close:
- Preparation of journal entries
- Preparation of accrual and prepaid schedules
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Assist with year-end audit and tax schedules
Control the recording of bank movements:
- Preparation of cash flow forecast
- Review the daily bank statements to identify client receipts
- Execution of payments
- Preparation of bond requests to the bank
- Ensure proper bank reconciliation and highlight issues to line manager
- Ensure proper filing of records related to bank reconciliation
Assist with payroll processing:
- Processing payroll payments
- Supporting regional payroll team
- Ensuring proper filing of all payroll records
Assist with tax and audits:
- Preparation and filing of withholding tax, VAT and annual tax returns
- VAT account reconciliation and expense audit and review
- Ensuring payment for tax liabilities
- Access to Zakat website for VAT return upload and payment through SADAD
- Work with the Controller to drive systems and process improvements
- Ensure that the imprest account balance sheet reconciles at the end of every month
- Perform other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
RequirementsMinimum experience required
Key competencies and professional expertise required
- Minimum 1 year relevant finance or accounting experience
- Good knowledge of accounting policies and procedures
- Above average accounting, business and administration skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Good organisational and planning skills
- High standard of written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office