M&E Advisor - Uganda Inclusive Agricultural Markets Upcoming Activity
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor for the upcoming Feed the Future Uganda Inclusive Agricultural Markets Activity. This activity will increase incomes and improve the livelihoods of households through agricultural-led inclusive economic growth. The activity will focus on the active participation and engagement of all actors looking to participate in the market system and on creating efficiencies in cross market functions that influence systemic change, in order to achieve sustainable impact.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor will provide overall strategic leadership and develop an implementation strategy for monitoring, evaluation, and learning throughout the life of the project. S/he will lead the effort of collecting and analyzing data that will ultimately evaluate the impact of USAID's intervention and develop a clear plan for collaboration, learning, and adaptation (CLA). S/he will be responsible for tracking and aggregating all project data to support the team in evaluating the project's progress.
- Lead the implementation of the project's M&E plan which includes PMP and knowledge management and learning plan
- Lead the finalization of the AMELP, AMP, and QASP
- Support technical teams in collecting, aggregating, and analyzing baseline data
- Advise in the designing and planning for evaluations, studies and assessments, ensuring there are adequate financial resources.
- Coordinate Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) efforts throughout the life of the project at regular intervals to review and encourage use of data in resource allocation decision by technical team members
- Coordinate collection and compilation of information on quarterly, annual and life of project indicators and outputs from team leaders, and progress toward planned activities
- Finalize and continuously update progress against the project's Performance Management Plan (PMP), and maintain all files related to substantiating progress against PMP performance indicators
- Master's degree in monitoring and evaluation (M&E), statistics, research methods or related field
- Minimum 8 years' work experience, including 5 years relevant experience managing, monitoring, and evaluating complex development activities.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating MEL processes across multiple activities, stakeholders, and regions.
- Experience with M&E tools/approaches/practices, including data analysis and report writing, that emphasize system or market wide results.
- Demonstrated experience with US government funded programs, policies, and regulations.
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.